The Urban Workshop is a leading-edge development that reflects the commitment of ISPT to environmental sustainability features such as:
- Modern façade that uses glazing and external shading to optimise natural daylight levels and thermal comfort
- Modern and efficient fluorescent lighting
- Lighting zones to allow individual spaces to be switched off for energy savings
- Carbon dioxide monitoring to ensure delivery of fresh air while reducing energy usage associated with the air conditioning system
- An automatic building control system to optimise the operation of air conditioning and lighting to save energy
- Located close to public transport and includes cyclist’s facilities and changing areas to promote riding to work
- Low water-flow fixtures and a water recycling system to conserve water resources
- Low emission paints and carpet to improve environmental air quality.
As a result, ISPT has achieved a 5 Star NABERS energy, 5.5 Star NABERS Indoor Environment and 3.5 Star NABERS water rating for the building.
Additionally, a Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) Green Star Office As-Built rating of 4 stars has been achieved, which represents Australian Best Practice.